Hi all !
The computer I have been working on has just crashed and so I lost all I had written, I made the mistake of not typing it in word or something and then copying it ... I'll know now..This work will be a bit shorter than the previous one ...and the photos dont work...so ill do them later
I have been here since saturday the 8th, staying with David and Sarah Adjei over the weekend and since Wednsday due to Casa Alfa being full ( one the staff got married last night !!!)
Do visit their website www.casaalfa.org for more info ...and support !
They live in Barrio California, in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. ( 1.4 million people live here).
David and Sarah have been living in Bolivia for ten years now, they have three girls (Jasmine, 6, Gaby, 4 was adopted 2 years ago, and Lily, 3 months old, was adopted 1 month ago)
I have been here for a week now and am really loving it, contact with the children, the work on the streets, the team, the staff, etc.
Monday I moved in to Casa alfa ( where the first contacts team lives, they go out on mondays, thursdays and fridays, mornings and afternoons) for the day and night, we went out on the streets and I got my first experience of it...
Tuesday and Wednsday I went to El camino which is the boys center. 30 boys live there and its great to play with them and to see the change between the streets and there ...
I also got to visit El Alfarero, the girls center. There is only one girl there at the moment as there are less girls on the streets, and they have deeper wounds than the boys. ( Most of them have been abused, beaten, and have worked as prostitutes).
Anyway, sorry for the quick post, but it is very frustrating losing the work you have just done...
More quite soon with photos ...

No comments:
Post a Comment